- Similar Tours
Welcome to the Tourism Commission’s homepage and, also in particular, a special warm welcome to visitors to Hong Kong.
In order to maintain Hong Kong’s position as the top destination city for visitors in Asia,So the Government of the
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region established the Tourism Commission in May 1999. Consequently Our job is to enhance
our tourism facilities and support the development of new attractions and events so that Hong Kong remains a premier tourist destination.
As Asia’s world city, Hong Kong has much to offer to you as a visitor, whether you are coming here on business
or for pleasure:
- A city of charm: the sophistication of an international city, cultural diversity and cosmopolitan lifestyle
- The very core of Hong Kong’s attractions.
- Natural beauty: we also offer unspoilt natural parkland and spectacular scenery
Here are some of the most popular tourist attractions:
- The Peak is one of the most popular attractions in Hong Kong. Looking down.
- Giant Buddha at Lantau Island beside the Po Lin Monastery, is the world’s tallest, outdoor, seated bronze Buddha.
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort at Penny’s Bay, Lantau Island, is the first Disney themed resort in China.
- Ocean Park at the southern part of Hong Kong Island, provides an exciting mix of entertainment, education and conservation facilities.
- Golden Bauhinia Square outside the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on the Wan Chai waterfront marks the unification of Hong Kong with the motherland.
- Stanley Market & Murray House, a popular market town that offers crisp sea environs and bargain buys.
- A Symphony of Lights, once awarded the World’s Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show by Guinness World Records, staged on both sides of the Victoria Harbour, starting at 8:00pm every night. (Special announcement)
- Avenue of Stars, located on the Tsim Sha Tsui waterfront, not only a salute to eminent Hong Kong film workers for their devoted contribution to local and world theaters, but also one of the ideal vantage points for visitors to appreciate “A Symphony of Lights”.
- Aberdeen Typhoon Shelter, visitors can take a sampan ride to enjoy the scenic views of the typhoon shelter.